Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)In 6th grade I read my first of the Circle of Magic books, the School of Wizardry. It started me into realm of fire breathing dragons, arrogant wizards, and gallant knights. Here I was hiding the book under my notebook at school, because even then I felt embarrassed at the size and childness of the book. The books have the reading level set at the age of 9-12 and because of this many might look over them. Though these books inspired me as a youth to explore the wide variety of literature out there, I feel it can do the same for ANYONE. Debra Doyle has found a way to reach out to ALL audiences. The publicity was down, so thence the sales. But the books themselves are magnificent. As I have not so forcibly made my younger brother read them, he has become a fan at the age of 14. As he checked them out of my old Junior High, I got the chance to read them once more as a Senior in High School. Of course this time I didn't have to hide them, but flaunted them as the occasion permitted. Now this review is quickly becoming unhelpful, but the point I am trying to put across is that these books appeal to ALL ages. I love them. On my list are classics like The Hobbit, A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court, and the Wheel Of Time series. But the circle of magic (though somewhat adolescent) stand out among the best. I can't think of another book I would rather have my children read in the future, and for anyone with the love of fantasy and imagination.
Click Here to see more reviews about: School of Wizardry (Circle of Magic, Book 1)
Click here for more information about School of Wizardry (Circle of Magic, Book 1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment