Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I enjoy reading the volumes in this series almost as much as my 5-year-old son enjoys hearing them read. Kate McMullan is a talented writer who displays wonderful wit and skill but also a great deal of heart. The Dragon Slayers' Academy books are a mixture of Harry Potter, Roald Dahl, and even (dare I say it?) the old Harvard Lampoon parody, "Bored of the Rings".
I should warn that my son does occasionally have difficulty following some of the dialogue and narratives (at which points, I simply pause to offer quick explanations or glosses). Also, there have been a couple of spots where gore becomes a concern (for example, the executioner's song in book 3).
The lively illustrations as well as the humorous "DSA Yearbook" (including a "campus" map) are great bonuses.
I think that this book (and the series) is an excellent step along the path toward, say, Harry Potter or the Hobbit, but will also be treasured (and re-read) on its own right.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Dragon Slayers' Academy Treasure Chest
Join Wiglaf and the rest of the gang at the Dragon Slayers' Academyand find out what medieval mischief they encounter! Titles include #1The New Kid at School; #2 Revenge of the Dragon Lady; #3 Class Tripto the Cave of Doom; and #4 A Wedding for Wiglaf?
Click here for more information about Dragon Slayers' Academy Treasure Chest
0 comments:
Post a Comment